The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the “Environmental Test including temperature and humidity levels” through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory comfort level in the areas.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
- Portable Hand tools
- Psychrometer (for temperature measurement)
- Hygrometer (dry bulb temperature & relative humidity measurement)
Method Statement For Indoor Environmental Testing
Checks prior to start of Environmental Test
- Ensure that the commissioning of all HVAC equipment have been completed & all equipment are operational.
- Ensure that the balancing of the chilled water system is completed satisfactorily.
- Ensure that the Air Balancing is completed satisfactorily.
- Ensure that the BMS system is commissioned & is functioning satisfactorily.
- Ensure that the system is under positive pressure in all the areas except in toilet, pantry & janitor rooms.
Environmental Test Procedure
Dry Bulb Temperature requirement: Offices, lobbies, corridors, prayer rooms – 24 + 1 OC
Plant rooms, pump rooms, lift machine rooms, electrical panel rooms – < 30OC Staircases – Nominal cooling Toilets – 24 + 3 OC.
Relative Humidity requirement (No Direct Control On Humidity): Offices, lobbies, corridors, prayer rooms – 50 % nominal, Plant rooms, pump rooms, lift machine rooms, electrical panel rooms – 50% nominal, Toilets – No direct control on humidity
- Ensure that all the preliminary checks are carried out successfully.
- Start the system continuously for 48 hours with controls set on normal operating mode.
- Check and make sure that all VAV controllers, BMS controls and control valves & instrumentation are operating properly.
- Ensure that all the measuring instruments are calibrated & are in the span period of calibration validity.
- Measure dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures for FCU, AHU on coils and off coils
- Measure chilled water temperature on entering coils and leaving coils of all equipment & shall be recorded in form.
- Compare the measured reading against the design datas and make sure the readings are within the acceptable range. In case the readings is not within the range, check ,verify and advise corrective action to be taken.
- Measure and record in the approved test sheets dry bulb and wet bulb room temperatures, relative humidity in different locations of the room at two hour intervals (a minimum of three readings shall be taken).
- Measure and record in the approved test sheets, dry bulb and wet bulb ambient temperatures at two hours intervals (a minimum of three readings shall be taken).
- Compare the average reading with the design parameters. Readings shall be within the approved acceptable range. If not within the acceptable range,corrective action shall be carried out & environmental test shall be repeated until the result is satisfactory.
- Preliminary checks for Environmental Test
- Environmental Test Records
- Precommissioning & Commissioning Plan for HVAC System
- Risk Assesment