Following tools shall be required to perform the installation of CCTV system.
- Digital Multimeter
- Label Printer
- Drill Machine
- Crimping Tool
- General Tool Box
- Portable Hand Tools
MATERIAL HANDLING & STORAGE:
- CCTV material at site necessary precautions shall be taken for unloading, shifting & storage as follows;
- All packages for the complete CCTV reaching to site shall be identified as per package list.
- Where auxiliaries are shipped loose, these will be identified and checked against the dispatch documents. Any item found missing or damaged will be noted to the supplier immediately for the replacement / repair.
- Special attention shall be paid to the instruments and monitoring devices supplied loose.
- All materials received at site shall be inspected and ensured that the materials are as per approved material submittal, shop drawings and single line diagram.
- Any discrepancies, damage etc., found will be notified and reported for further action.
- Site Engineer (Electrical) has to ensure that material used at site are of free from any damages or deformity of any kind of damage material sent be back to the supplier.
- All packages shall be stored under protected dust area and in air conditioned room
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR CCTV CAMERAS
- Ensure all civil works are completed for the area including floor paint to carry out the installation, and clearance is obtained from respective authorities to proceed further.
- Prior to start the installation, refer to the approved shop drawings related top the area of installation and ensure that required materials are available at site as per approved material submittals.
- Wiring Method: Install cables concealed in accessible ceilings, walls, and floors where possible.
- Wiring within Enclosures: Bundle, lace, and train conductors to terminal points with no excess and without exceeding manufacturer’s limitations on bending radii. Provide and use lacing bars and distribution spools.
- Splices, Taps, and Terminations: For power and control wiring, use numbered terminal strips in junction, pull, and outlet boxes; terminal cabinets; and equipment enclosures. Tighten electrical connectors and terminals according to manufacturer’s published torque-tightening values.
- Installation of CCTV cables shall be taken up through the containment system for Camera from Junction Box.
- Proper care shall be taken while laying the cable to maintain the required safe distance from electrical equipments and power sources to avoid the interference.
- Ensure the cabling is done in proper way without any stress on the cable, while laying at the turning etc., by keeping enough slack and proper bending radius.
- CCTV cables shall be identified on both ends as per method shown in approved shop drawings.
- Continuity testing shall be carried for each cable by using continuity test meter and result will be recorded for review and approval.
- After completion of entire cabling and approval by consultant, cable termination shall be carried out in Junction Boxes and at the Camera Points.
- Junction Boxes will be identified by labels.
- All work shall be carried out as per approved drawings.
- Install cameras level and plumb.
- Set pan unit and pan-and-tilt unit stops to suit final camera position and to obtain the field of view required for camera. Connect all controls and alarms, and adjust.
- Install power supplies and other auxiliary components at control stations, unless otherwise indicated.
- Dome Cameras shall be installed in the ceiling.
- Wall Mount Fixed Cameras shall be installed on the wall by using Camera Brackets.
- Installed Junction Boxes & containment shall be checked and approved by consultant to proceed for the cabling works.
Advertisement Join for latest Articles: