METHOD STATEMENT FOR INSTALLATION OF WATER SUPPLY PUMP (HOT & COLD)
- Ensured that the proper clearance is available from civil side before commencement of works.
- Ensured that the work area is clean and safe for carrying out the activities.
- Prior to start of works, it shall be ensured that the relevant shop drawings and coordination drawings are approved and issued for construction.
- It shall be ensured that all electrical requirements such as cable trays, cable Trunking, entry side lugs, glands etc. are finalized and coordinated.
- It shall be ensured that the material issued is as per the approved material submittal.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR WATER BOOSTER PUMPS
The following procedure shall be followed for the installation of Water Supply & Water Booster Pumps:
- Visually inspect the exterior casing of the Water Supply Pumps for any damages during transporting and transferring of the units.
- Ensure that the installation of the Water Supply Pump is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s installation recommendations and specification.
- Prior to start of installation, refer to the approved shop drawing related to the area of installation and ensure that required material is available at site as per approved material submittals.
- Ensure that the equipment and accessories are stored properly and there is no damage or deformity of any kind during transportation of material from site store to the working area.
- After inspecting the work area, ensure that it is totally ready for installation. Then the required equipment shall be moved to the place of installation.
- Check the equipment weight to ensure that the rigging equipment can handle that safely.
- Before installing the Water Supply Pump check whether proper space is available for servicing or not. If there are any services installed previously in ceiling in the same area shall be shifted to the side of the Water Supply Pump for easy future maintenance.
- The foundation of the Pumps shall be checked for dimensions, location, orientation and the level as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- First the location of the vibration isolators shall be marked on the ground base.
- Water Supply Pumps shall be installed and positioned as shown on the approved shop drawings and level the pumps by using spirit level.
- After leveling the pumps tighten the base bolts of the pumps.
- Proper space for valves and piping for future maintenance shall be ensured before installing the pumps.
- It shall be ensured that the pumps & motors are properly installed with no pipe strain transmitted to the pump casing.
- After completion of installing the pumps the same shall be offered for inspection.
- Installation of water supply piping, valves and insulation of piping shall be done as per approved method statement and as per approved shop drawings.
- While installation cable tray & trunking, it shall be ensured that the roughting does not hinder the acess of various parts of the pumps.
- Electrical power and control wiring and earthing shall be carried out as detailed on respective approved electrical shop drawings and as per the recommendations of manufacturer.
- Valves tags and identification sign shall be provided as per requirements.