Below is step wise procedure or method statement for the installation of calorifier.
Ensure all civil works are completed for the area of installation, and clearance is obtained from respective authorities to proceed further. Prior to start the installation, refer to the approved shop drawings related to the area of installation and ensure that required materials are available at site as per approved material submittals.
Ensure the materials are stored properly and there is no mark of damage or deformity of any kind before issuing the material from site store.Approved Calorifier accessories shall be used for installation purpose.
Calorifier shall be installed on the Foundation ensuring adequate space is available for valves, piping and for future maintenance. Calorifier accessories shall be installed as shown on the approved shop drawing.
Method Statement for the Installation of Calorifier
- Ensure that the concrete foundation should be horizontal & smooth finishes from top. Painting if required in civil detail.
- Shift Calorifier from store to area of installation as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Calorifier should not be lift by the connections. Strap should be used for when lifting, place strap according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After putting down on the foundation the Calorifier should be leveled and align on the foundation.
- Foundation must be adequate to ensure that the unit will not be settle and cause pipe strain or distortion of the shell.
- When connecting the pipe system to the Calorifiers sure that no stress or strain is imposed by the pipe system, on the Calorifier.
- Tightening of the bolts should be evenly distributed over flanges, each bolt being gradually tightened in succession.
- Installed air vent and safety valves as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check all the gasket are effective when unit is operating, if leaks are evident remove gasket or tighten bolts as necessary.
- Provide drain connection as per shop drawing.
- Calorifier should be flushed thoroughly with clean water prior to operation.
- Do not operate equipment at pressure or temperatures or other conditions in excess of those specified on the name plate or vassal marking.
- Installed Calorifier shall be offered for inspection.