The purpose of this method statement procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre commissioning & commissioning of Water Booster Jockey Pumps installed for the water supply system, through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
- Portable Hand tools
- Step Ladder
- Measuring instruments (with valid calibration certificate)
Pre commissioning Procedure for Water Booster Jockey Pumps
- Ensure that the pump installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
- Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & pre commissioning.
- Repair all damages to the equipment paint finish.
- Ensure that the pumps are identified location wise and service wise.
- Check again the alignment of pump and driver shaft and comply with manufacturer instructions during pre commissioning at site.
- Note the details of each motor such as make, model number, frame size, kW rating and RPM. Motor shall be as per approved submittal.
- Check that the Water Supply piping network is complete with proper valves, drains, vents, strainers, pressure switches & instruments in place.
- Ensure that the Water Supply network is hydraulically pressure tested and approved.
- Check for proper cleanliness of pump with connected piping network is free of any debris & the entire system is thoroughly cleaned.
- Ensure the pumps bearings are lubricated/greased as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Ensure the pump shafts are rotated by hand freely.
- Ensure that electrical power connections with control panel and earthing is proper.
- Ensure that the field wiring is pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Ensure that all the relevant valves are in open position.
- Check the rotation of motor shaft by hand.
- Check identification and labeling for equipment.
Commissioning Procedure for Water Booster Jockey Pumps
- Ensure that all the pre commissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Open the suction valve & allow water to flow into the pump.
- Start the pump and record the discharge pressure.
- Calculate the actual pump performance and plot actual performance curve.
- Observe leakage from stuffing boxes and adjust the flow for lubrication of packing.
- Check pumps for overheating by feeling it physically by hand (there is no specific criteria for checking the overheating of pump).
- Check for any undue vibration/noise (it is just physical hearing of undue vibration / noise during operation).The specification does not call for noise level of pumps or individual equipment.
- Check current, voltage & rpm of the motor & record the values.
- Check & record the expansion vessel pressure setting.
- The disinfection of water supply system shall be carried out as per the approved method statement.
- If the Jockey pump starters are of DOL type the star-delta transformation is not applicable.
- The wiring diagram of pump controls & schematic piping shall be displayed near or inside the control panel.
- Pre-commissioning check sheet for Jockey Pumps
- Commissioning check sheet for Jockey Pumps
- Performance Record for Jockey Pumps
- Risk Assesment