PURPOSE : The purpose of this safe work method statement procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of “Chiller Plant Manager or CPM”.
Through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Precommissioning Procedure for Chiller Plant Manager
Ensure that the Plant Manager installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved. Ensure that no damage has occured between mechanical completion & precommissioning. Repair / replace damaged components (if any) .
Check the chiller Plant Manager is installed as per the approved shop drawings and manufacturer’s instructions. Check the terminations on the various field devices and other equipment , connected to the DDC controllers.
- Ensure the functionality of all motorized isolation valves.
- Check the various I/O points available at the controllers one by one for continuity & integrity, before powering up the controller.
- Verify that the DDCs are powered up through the recommended fused power supply of required range.
Commissioning Procedure for Chiller Plant Manager
- Ensure that all the precommissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Power up the DDCs.
- Program the Chilled water valves/flow monitoring controller first, followed by the CHW pump controller to examine their functioning in auto mode.
- First operate the valves / pumps in manual mode.
- After successful start up of all equipment, switch -over the systems to AUTO mode from respective panels.
- Analyze the program for proper functionality at each DDCcontroller.
- Ensure that all the control equipment are also functioning satisfactorily.
- Check the daisy chain configuration of the communication link to BCU.
- Hook up the DDC controllers to the Tracer Summit Building Control Unit (BCU).
- Ensure proper communication between chillers, DDC’s & Tracer Summit BCU. This shall be demonstrated by the supplier at site.
- Connect BCUto PC workstation equipped with a printer.
- Verify communitation between the DDC controllers & BCU and between BCU & workstation PC from the Tracer Summit Workstation Software for control and monitor of the chil1er system.
- At the PC workstation, create project specific custom graphics for accessing the various equipment through the DDC controllers that connect them to the BCU.
- Configure the various equipment on the BCU now, through the PC workstation.
- Perform final testing by simulating dummy alarms and check for response of various equipment.
- After successful testing, integrate the Chiller Plant Manager and BMS.
- Verify data exchange between CMS & BMS from the CMS workstation.
- Verify the same from BMS workstation.
- Take a sample printout of alarm/report.
Sequencing Of Chillers
Sequencing of the chillers in relation with the other equipment shall be as per the approved sequence of operation for the systems. The manufacturer’s representative will carry out the complete precommisioning & commissioning activities.