The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre-commissioning & commissioning of “CCTV System”through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENTS
- Portable Hand tools
- Step Ladder
Pre-commissioning Procedure for CCTV System
- Ensure that the CCTV System Field devices & panels installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
- Ensure that no damage has occurred between mechanical completion & pre-commissioning.
- Repair / replace damaged components, if any.
- Ensure the complete link products are in-place such as cable connectors, end line resistors, etc.
- Ensure the number of different type of cameras, DVRs & monitors are as per approved drawings.
- Ensure the cameras are fitted with appropriate size of lens to offer appropriate coverage & are tagged and identified properly.
- Ensure the availability configuration & software settings of the cameras.
- Ensure that the cable installation & termination is complete in field devices & panels.
- Ensure the cables are secured well on to the connections to avoid data loss or system misbehavior due to any loose connection.
- Ensure that each camera is tested for proper image using appropriate instrument.
- Ensure that the number of digital video recorders are in tune with the number of cameras.
- Ensure the digital recorder is provided with enough hard disk capacity and speed as specified.
- Ensure the key board is provided with pan, tilt, zoom controls.
- Ensure all proper hard switch settings are done for proper function as stated in the installation manual.
- Ensure that proper components are used for the interface with BMS, Fire alarm & security system.
- Ensure the software available is of the latest version.
Commissioning Procedure for CCTV System
- Ensure that all the pre-commissioning checks are carried out successfully & are approved.
- The digital recorder shall be properly designated in the software with each DVR having a dedicated address on the system.
- Each camera shall also be designated in the software with a dedicated address on the system.
- The motion detection for cameras shall be set wherever required.
- The I/O configuration for door monitoring (if any) shall be carried out as per end user requirement to trigger cameras.
- The video signal received in the monitors shall be checked & set for fine quality without any distortion.