PURPOSE : The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre commissioning & commissioning of “Central Battery System” CBS through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENTS
- Portable Hand tools
- Step Ladder
- Insulation Tester
Pre-Commissioning Procedure for Central Battery System
- Ensure that the Central Battery panels & Substation panels installation are complete and mechanical completion is approved & all comments on the installation inspections are incorporated.
- Ensure that no damage to panels & batteries has occurred between mechanical completion & pre-commissioning.
- Repair / replace damaged components, if any.
- Ensure the Central Battery panels, substation panels & emergency LCMs are properly tagged & identified.
- Ensure that the wiring termination to the Panels are complete.
- Ensure that the cables are pretested for continuity & insulation resistance before termination.
- Ensure that the earthing of the Central Battery panels & substation panels has been completed.
- Ensure that the cable installation & termination is complete in all the emergency LCMs
- Ensure the cables are secured well on to the connections to avoid system misbehavior due to any loose connection.
- Ensure the system computer is properly installed & the installation is approved.
- Ensure the system software & the configuration parameters are available.
- Check for proper polarity of the batteries. Measure the voltage of the battery blocks & record the readings.
- Remove the battery fuses & the main fuses.
- Connect the battery & the main line.
- Reinstate the main fuses.
- Check charge voltages.
- Check polarity on the fuse load switch.
- Check the battery voltage & polarity.
- Reinstate the battery fuses.
Commissioning Procedure for Central Battery System
- Ensure that all the pre-commissioning checks are carried out successfully & are approved.
- The system shall be programmed for the type & number of inverters & the charging current shall be set.
- The number of booster & the capacity of the battery connected shall be entered.
- A functional test shall be conducted on the system to check the status of all connected components.
- A battery test shall be conducted & all luminaries shall be checked physically for their operation.
- A duration test for the rated time shall be carried out.
- The central computer shall be programmed with the details of configuration of panels.
- The location of the panels & the details of the luminaries are entered.
- Functional test shall be conducted on the panel from the central computer.
- Check interface with all other systems like Lighting Control, Fire Alarm & BMS.