The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre-commissioning & commissioning of “Card Access System”.
Through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Pre-commissioning Procedure for Card Access System
All pre-commissioning & commissioning activities shall be carried out in full coordination with the elevator contractor. Ensure that the Card Access System Field devices & panels installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
Ensure that no damage has occurred between mechanical completion & pre-commissioning. Repair / replace damaged components, if any.
- Ensure the complete link products are in place such as cable connectors, end line resistors, etc.
- Ensure that number of readers and controllers & the I/O points are as per the approved drawings.
- Ensure the availability of configuration of the access cards for users.
- Ensure the software settings, access schedules & access profiles are as per requirement.
- Ensure that the cable installation & termination is complete in field devices & panels.
- Ensure that the cables are secured well on to the connections to avoid data loss or system misbehavior due to any loose connection.
- Ensure that the number of controllers is in tune with the number of card readers.
- Ensure that the tamper switches on the controller cabinets are activated.
- Ensure that the appropriate jumper switch settings are adhered to on the controller board as per requirement.
- Ensure that the batteries on the controllers are fully charged & are of appropriate sizes.
- Ensure that the card readers are mounted in position as per approved drawings and are freely accessible.
Commissioning Procedure for Card Access Control System
- The controllers shall be designated in the system software with each controller having a dedicated address on the system
- The readers shall also be designated according to the location of the readers.
- The access profiles shall be assigned for the different users in the organisation.
- The access schedules shall be made as per the requirement of the end user.
- It shall be ensured that the correct access schedules are assigned to the different users as per the end user requirement.
- The user cards shall be assigned with the correct schedules as identified & assigned by the system operator.
- The I/O configuration shall be carried out as per the end users requirement to trigger other outputs other than access control.
- The proper functioning of the controllers, card readers & door locks shall be checked as per the programmed lock schedules & anti pass back schedules.
- It shall be checked & ensured that the cards are working properly as per the assigned schedules.
- Each device shall be tested & adjusted for proper operation in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure the interface of the BMS, fire alarm & CCTV system with the card access system.
- Ensure that the anti pass back facility is properly programmed.