Below is the procedure for Testing & Commissioning of Jockey Pumps for the Fire Fighting System.
Pre Commissioning Procedure for Fire Fighting Jockey Pumps
Ensure that the pump installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved. Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & pre commissioning. Repair all damages to the equipment paint finish.
Ensure that the pumps are identified location wise and service wise. Ensure that the system is cleaned internally & externally. Check again the alignment of pump and driver shaft and comply with manufacturer instructions.
- Note the details of each motor such as make, model number, frame size, kW rating and RPM.
- Check that the Fire Fighting piping network is complete with proper valves, drains, vents, strainers, pressure switches & instruments in place.
- Ensure that the Fire Fighting network is hydraulically pressure tested and approved.
- Ensure the pumps bearings are lubricated/greased as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Ensure the pump shafts are rotated by hand freely.
- Ensure that electrical power connections with control panel, pressure switch & earthing is proper.
- Ensure that the field wiring is pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Ensure that all the relevant valves are in open position.
- Check the rotation of motor shaft by hand.
- Check identification and labeling for equipment.
Commissioning Procedure for Jockey Pumps
- Ensure that all the pre-commissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Open the suction valve & allow water to flow into the pump.
- Start the pump and record the discharge pressure.
- Observe leakage from stuffing boxes and adjust the flow for lubrication of packing.
- Check pumps for overheating physically by hand.
- Check for any undue vibration/noise.
- Check current, voltage & rpm of the motor & record the values.
- Plot the pump actual performance curve.
- The enclosed manufacturer’s instructions shall be fully followed.
- Pre-commissioning check sheet for Jockey Pumps
- Commissioning check sheet for Jockey Pumps
- Performance Record for Jockey Pumps
- Risk Assesment