The purpose of generating this Method Statement is to define the procedure step by step to implement the correct practices for Installation of Diesel Generator Set through the guide line contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT :
- Crane of suitable capacity & arrangement in line with the Manufacturer’s recommendations
and as required at site.
- Forklift of suitable capacity
- Chain Pulley Block
- Portable hand tools.
- Portable Drilling Machine/ Grinding Machine & Angle Cutter.
- Spirit Level
- Crimping Tool
HANDLING & STORAGE OF DG SET:
On receipt of the Diesel Generator Set and accessories at site, necessary precautions shall be taken for unloading, shifting & storage, as follows:-
- Material shall be stored in a covered / dry space at all the time .
- All materials received at site shall be inspected and ensured that the materials are as per approved material submittal.
- Any discrepancies, damage etc., found will be notified and reported for further action.
- Site Engineer (Electrical) has to ensure that all Equipment used at site are free from any damage or deformity of any kind. Any minor damages observed shall be repaired suitably and in case if the repairs could not be done properly, the Equipment are to be removed from site.
SHIFTING THE UNITS FROM STORAGE YARD TO THE GENERATOR ROOM LOCATION
- After the activities under the general installation procedures are completed the unit shall be loaded from the storage place,on the suitable trailer,by the suitable loader Forklift or crane,to shift the respective generator room location.
- The units shall be offloaded near the generator room (Substation 1) north side,and shall be shifted on the respective foundations by the suitable loader(Forklift)over the ramp ,which is being installed to take units from outside to inside.
- Proper care to secure units,while above shifting loading/unloading as well as placing shall be carried out with at most care and precautions as required for the safe operation.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR DIESEL GENERATOR
- To carryout installation activities for diesel generator below mentioned procedures are recommended to follow-up step by step in sequential manner.
- Pre delivery inspection shall be performed by the system manufacturer’s local dealer at dealer’s facility to ensure no damage is occurred in transit to all DG Set components.
- Prior to start installation, Site Engineer (Electrical) should ensure that approved shop drawings related to the installation area are referred and that required materials are available at site as per approved material submittals.
- Site Engineer (Electrical) has to ensure that all the materials are received at site as per approved material submittal and verify the ratings.
- The name plate will be checked against equipment data sheet to confirm conformity with the approval.
- Material Inspection Request should be raised for material verification upon delivery at site.
- Ensure all civil works are completed for the area including floor paint to carryout the installation, and clearance is obtained from respective authorities to proceed further installation of DG set.
- Installation procedures are to be followed as per manufacturers recommendations.
- Installation works shall be carried out only with respect to approved shop drawings of latest revision.
- Diesel Generator Set will be off loaded to the place nearest to the installation and protected properly from dust & environment, etc.
- Prior to installation, the foundation will be checked for cleanliness and level.
- Site Engineer has to ensure the orientation of DG set as per approved shop drawing Exhaust duct & fuel oil pipe installation shall comply with the relevant clauses of specifications and as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Ensure that the installation of Diesel Generator Set are carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s and authority’s installation recommendations, requirement of applicable standards and in accordance with recognized industrial practices and specified in project specification to ensure that installation complies with requirements.
- Alternator neutral terminal & Body shall be connected with external earth as per approved shop drawing.
- Alternator control panel shall be connected as per approved shop drawing and manufacturer recommendations
- Cable connections between alternator, control panel and Emergency Main Distribution Board shall be done as per approved shop drawing.
- From Emergency Main Distribution Board to other sub emergency panels, Power Distribution work shall be done as per approved shop drawing
- Installation of muffler, fuel supply system, exhaust ducts, circuit breaker installation connections to BMS and control wires shall be carried out as per approved specifications.
- Pre & Post installation start up and commissioning at site using available site load shall be performed in coordination with the manufacturer’s local dealer in the presence of consultant representative as appropriate.
- Detailed procedure shall be submitted for Testing precommisioning and commissioning checks for consultant’s approval prior to commissioning of genset. Applicable operating instruction, service manuals, recommended spares shall be submitted in O&M manual.
- Required power and control termination shall be carried out as per approved drawings.
- DG Set Earthing shall be done as per authority Regulation, specification and approved drawings.
- After inspection of DG Set proper care will be taken to protect the unit from dust by suitable covering, and shall further be released for the Testing work.
- Risk Assessment
- Inspection and test plan
- Quality control procedure
- Check Sheets