The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of “Lighting Control System”through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
- Portable Hand tools
- Step Ladder
- Lap top PC with RS-232 cable
Precommissioning Procedure for Lighting Control System
- 7.1. Ensure that the Lighting Control System devices & panels installation are complete and mechanical completion is approved.
- Ensure that no damage has occurred between mechanical completion & pre-commissioning.
- Repair / replace damaged components, if any.
- Ensure the Lighting Control, Core Control modules & the panels are properly tagged & identified.
- Ensure that the wiring termination to the Lighting control Panels are complete.
- Ensure that the cables are pretested for continuity before termination.
- Ensure that the earthing of Lighting Control panel has been completed.
- Ensure that installation of light fittings fed from lighting control panels/ modules are complete including termination.
- Ensure that the cable installation & termination is complete in all the LCMs, CCMs, dimming control,line coupler, switches, area couplers and central battery system.
- Ensure the cables are secured well on to the connections to avoid system misbehavior due to any loose connection.
- Ensure that dimmable ballast are installed in the light fixtures where dimming of lights are required.
- Ensure the lighting system computer is properly installed and the installation is approved.
- Ensure the system software & the configuration parameters are available.
- Ensure the lighting control system is interfaced with BMS & interlocked with fire alarm system.
Commissioning Procedure for Lighting Control System
- Ensure that all the pre-commissioning checks are carried out successfully & are approved.
- Manually override each circuit using the override ON/OFF switch provided for each circuit in the relay output module.
- Test the respective lighting circuits to be ON as per the approved electrical load schedule.
- Switch ON the power supply to the lighting control panel (LCP) with system devices for each EIB bus line.
- Check for the communication of all devices i.e. bus couplers, relay output modules/lighting control modules, twilight switch, etc., with the LCP having the system devices i.e. power supply module.
- Download the application software in each of the devices (bus couplers and actuator modules) via a note book PC connected to the RS-232 interface module.
- Download the application software to the line couplers located in the LCP with system devices & check for the communication between the line couplers.
- Test the software loops as per the programmed parameters.
- Switch ON & OFF the individual gang of the push button switches installed (wherever applicable) & check that the respective programmed circuits are switched ON & OFF accordingly.
- Remove the communication bus cable from the power supply module feeding the bus devices & check for the response of the individual actuators to work in the ‘fail safe’ mode (ON/OFF/As it is now programmed for AS IT IS mode).
- Switch ON the power supply for the standalone operation of the lighting control system.
- Program the TP controller located in the control room to switch ON & OFF the individual groups as programmed & check the respective programmed circuits are switched ON & OFF accordingly.
- Edit the programmed TP-controller if required & then check for the response of the individual devices & individual circuits.
- Program the timer groups of the TP controller as per project requirements for the standalone operation of the lighting control system.
- Check for the communications of the line couplers from the lighting PC located in the Central Control Room.
- Check floor plans on the lighting graphics as per the as built drawings on the lighting PC located in the Central Control Room.
- Check the lighting circuits/luminaries status (ON/OFF) in each floor plan graphics.
- Manually over ride (light ON/OFF) the lighting circuits through textual graphics on the PC & verify the lighting circuits status i.e., the color of the lighting fixture is changing or not in the floor plan graphics.
- Check the lighting circuits switch ON/OFF timings schedule on the lighting PC.
- The interlock of the lighting system with the fire alarm system shall be checked. It shall be ensured all the emergency lighting circuits are switched ON in case of fire signal.
- The interface between the Lighting control system & the BMS system shall also be checked by triggering a lighting circuit from the BMS work station.
- Pre-commissioning check sheet for Lighting Control System
- Commissioning check sheet for Lighting Control System
- Risk Assesment