The purpose of generating this Method Statement is to define the procedure step by step to implement the correct practices for Installation of Grills, Diffusers, Registers & Louvers through the guide line contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Following tools and materials shall be arranged before starting the installation works.
- Portable hand tools.
- Portable Drilling Machine.
- Handheld rivet gun
- Handheld hammer drilling machines.
- Wooden mallet
- Spirit Level / Level Threads
- Step Ladder
- Scaffolding with platform
- Ceiling Supply Registers / Grills.
- Ceiling Exhaust & Return Registers / Grills.
- Ceiling Supply Diffusers Return / Exhaust Diffusers.
- Wall Supply Registers / Grills.
- Wall Exhaust & Return Registers / Grills.
- Ceiling / Side Wall Linear Slot Diffusers.
Installation Procedure for Diffusers and Grills:
The following procedure shall be followed for the installation of grills / diffusers:
- Grills/diffuser shall be submitted for Consultant approval before proceeding with installation.
- Prior to start of installation, refer to the approved false ceiling drawing related to the area of installation and ensure that required material is available at site as per approved material submittals.
- Visually inspect the grills / diffuser for any damages.
- Check whether the grills / diffusers are as specified type as per list provided in approved material submittal.
- Check whether powder coating quality is O.K. and color is as per specifications.
- Check horizontal & vertical vanes of grilles and register. There should not be any bend and adequate support should be provided by Manufacturer if grill is long.
- Check the borders of grills / diffusers for gap free aligned joints.
- Ensure that the proper clearance is available from civil side before commencement of works.
- Ensure that the work area is clean and safe for carrying out the installation of grill/diffuser.
- Ensure that the installation of grills/diffusers are carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s installation recommendations and specification.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR GRILLS / DIFFUSERS IN CEILING
- After competition of the false ceiling work mark location of grill / diffuser location as per approved false ceiling drawing.
- After grill / diffuser location are confirmed by Site Engineer (HVAC ),opening is to be made in the marked place.
- After cutting the opening, proper false ceiling support and alignment is to be done.
- Check level of Gypsum board surface while installing grills and diffusers.
- Grilles and diffusers should not be directly supported on gypsum surfaces. Proper frame should be provided at the back by the false ceiling contractor.
- Check grills / diffuser collars are securely fixed to the inside of frame.
- Check grills / diffuser flexible connection are properly connected with duct and plenum and also both side are clamped with jubilee clamp.
- Ensure that the damper blades of supply grills and diffusers are properly secured in nylon bushes for rattle free operation.
- Check whether the items are supplied with specified fixing arrangement counter sunk screw fixing, Concealed with clip / inside screw lever / concealed bracket.
- Grills / diffuser shall be fixed as per given manufacturer’s arrangement.
- Ensure alignment and joining clips are provided for all open end slot diffusers for continuous fixing.
- Check whether each slot is adjustable or not in multi slot diffusers.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR GRILLS IN WALL
- Grill should not be fixed directly on the wall.
- Wooden frame is to provided for all grill on wall (by Main Contractor ).
- After first coat painting grill is to be fixed in frames as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check horizontal & vertical vanes of grills and register. There should not be any bend and adequate support should be provided by Manufacturer if grill is long.