Required tools for installation works:
Following tools & equipment shall be arranged before installing the FCU’s.
- Fork Lift or Crane with capacity & arrangement in line with the Manufacturer’s , recommendations, pallet mover and as required at site.
- Hydraulic Trolley
- Portable hand tools.
- Portable Drilling Machine/ Grinding Machine & Angle Cutter.
- Spirit Level / Level Threads
- Step Ladder
- Scaffolding with platform
Handling & Storage of Materials
On receipt of the Fan Coil Units and accessories at site, necessary precautions shall be taken for unloading, shifting & storage, as follows:-
- All materials received at site shall be inspected and ensure that the materials are as per approved material submittals in terms of their make, model type, country of origin and capacity.
- Upon arrival at site, the Fan Coil Unit shall be off-loaded carefully at site by the Site Supervisor using necessary manpower and required equipment to ensure that no damage is caused to the Fan Coil Units.
- At site all the Fan Coil Units will be stored in a clean / dry place and adequate covering by by tarpaulin sheets will be done to protect the equipment from deposition of construction dust till they are finally shifted to their location.
- Any discrepancies, damage etc., found will be notified and reported for further action.
- Site Engineer (HVAC) has to ensure that all Fan Coil Units used at site are of free from any damage or deformity of any kind. Any minor damages observed shall be repaired suitably and in case the repairs could not be done properly, the Fan Coil Units are to be sent to assembler for rectification, after all formalities carried on.
GENERAL INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
- Ensure that the proper clearance is available from civil side before commencement of works.
- Ensure that the work area is clean and safe for carrying out the activities.
- Prior to start of works, it shall be ensured that the relevant shop drawings and coordination drawings are approved and issued for construction.
- It shall be ensured that all electrical requirements such as cable trays, cable Trunking, entry side lugs, glands etc. are finalized and coordinated.
- It shall be ensured that no contradiction with other previously installed services, and if there
is any shall be cleared.
- It shall be ensured that the material issued is as per the approved material submittal.
SPECIFIC INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FAN COIL UNITS
- The following procedure shall be followed for the installation of Fan Coil Units
- Visually inspect the exterior casing of the Fan Coil Units for any damages during shipping and transferring of the units.
- Materials shall be submitted for Consultant approval before proceeding with installation.
- Cut all banding (if applicable) loose from skid but do not remove the skids until the unit is shifted to the installation area.
- Ensure that the installation of the fan coil unit is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s installation recommendations and specification.
- Prior to start of installation, refer to the approved shop drawing related to the area of installation and ensure that required material is available at site as per approved material submittals.
- Ensure that the equipment and accessories are stored properly and there is no damage or
deformity of any kind during transportation of material from site store to the working area.
- After inspecting the work area, ensure that it is totally ready for installation. Then the required equipment shall be moved to the place of installation.
- Check the equipment weight to ensure that the rigging equipment can handle that safely.
- Before installing the unit check whether proper space is available for servicing or not. If there are any services installed previously ceiling in the same area shall be shifted to the side of the fan coil unit for easy future maintenance.
- Proper marking shall be done for the unit location / supports as per approved shop drawing. Ensure the unit model number location shall be same as indicated on the drawing.
- Under direct supervision of the Site Engineer / Site Supervisor lift the fan coil unit and hang it to the required level with proper isolator and support fixing, as per the approved drawing and as per approved material submittal.
- Make sure that all the spring isolators are in position and the fan coil unit is properly supported by the isolators through the hanging threaded rod of approved sizes.
- Inspect and ensure the coils for fins damage.
Ensure that all the filters are fixed properly.
Ensure that the fan coil unit is properly leveled.
- After the unit is leveled tighten the support bolts to secure them.
- After the completion of the installation of the Fan Coil Unit electrical control and BMS connections shall be done as per approved shop drawings.
- Connect the piping net work to the fan coil unit as per the approved drawing.
- Condensate drain pans shall be connected by using approved material. The condensate pipe work shall be connected to nearest drainage point as per approved shop drawing. Appropriate trap shall be constructed in the condensate drain line.
- Equipment, pipe identification, tagging & labeling shall be carried out after completion of all works.
- Fan motors shall be connected to wiring system as per the approved shop drawings.
- Control wiring shall be carried out as detailed on respective approved controls shop drawing.