This method statement is to define the step by step procedure to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of Sanitary wares through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Precommissioning Procedure for Sanitary wares
Ensure that the sanitary wares installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & precommissioning.
- Check the level, location, connection is correct.
- Check water supply piping, waste piping are connected to sanitary wares.
- Check the mixers, angle valve, bottle trap connection for leak.
- Check for any damages to the installed sanitary wares.
- Check for availability of water and correct setting of working pressure at the relevant PRV station.
- Check for installation of relevant sensors & wiring connection.
- Check for proper installation of receptacle, paper & towel holder, soap dispenser, etc.,
- Check for proper installation of filter below the kitchen sink.
Commissioning Procedure for Sanitary wares
- Ensure that all the precommissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Turn on all the taps.
- Turn on main line valve and allow potable water to flow through all taps.
- Continue water to flow until air bubbles stop.
- Ensure free water flow at all the draw-off points.
- Check W.C. flush valve for both manual & automatic functioning without undue noise.
- Check the urinal flush valve & wash basin faucets for automatic functioning without undue noise.
- Check for leakages in water connection to sanitary wares, water closet assembly connections, wash hand basin assembly & sinks.
- Adjust the pressure at PRV station to obtain required water flow at all the draw-off points.
- Check angle valves, bath mixer, ablution tap and shower operations.
- Check for any hammering, noise at the mixers, taps discharge.
- Check for hand spray & hand dryer operation.
- Check for kitchen filter & soap dispenser operation.
- Precommissioning check sheet for Sanitary wares
- Commissioning check sheet for Sanitary wares
- Risk Assessment