Below is the step wise procedure for the installation of GRP Sectional Domestic Water Tanks.
Ensure all civil works are completed for the area of installation, and clearance is obtained from respective authorities to proceed further.
Prior to start the installation, refer to the approved shop drawings related to the area of installation and ensure that required materials are available at site as per approved material submittals.
Ensure the materials are stored properly and there is no mark of damage or deformity of any kind before issuing the material from site store.
Water Tanks shall be installed on the concrete beams as per approved foundation Drawings, ensure adequate space is available for valves, piping and for future maintenance.
Installation Procedure for GRP Sectional Water Tanks
- Ensure that concrete beams should be horizontal & smooth finishes from top. Painting if required in civil detail.
- Steel skid base shall be fixed on the concrete beams.
- Steel skid base shall be leveled properly as required to drain off the Tanks water.
- Base panels shall be installed on the leveled steel skid base.
- Side panels shall be installed on the base panels.
- Gasket shall be put in between the panels for preventing water leakage from joints.
- Tanks panels should be jointed as per manufacturers recommendations by bolts.
- Locations of the panels for inlet, outlet, drain & overflow pipe shall be as per approved shop drawing.
- Installation of the internal accessories is carried out after side panels installation.
- Panels shall be tied internally by steel tie rod for side panels reinforcement and externally by stay plates as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inlet, outlet, drain & overflow nozzles shall be connected to Tanks with flange connection.
- Top panels shall be installed on side panels.
- uPVC pipe support shall be provided for roof panels block supports.
- Ladder shall be provided externally and internally.
- All nut bolts to be securely tide with washer.
- Tanks installation is offered for Consultant’s approval.
- After the approval of the Tanks installation works, Tanks shall be allowed for water leak test as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- For testing, all openings shall be closed , water shall be filled in the Tanks by temporary water supply line.
- Air vent shall be installed on each Tanks.
- Water shall be kept inside the Tanks for 24 hours and leaks shall be checked, if any leak found, it shall be rectified and again offered for the same for consultant approval.