The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre-commissioning & commissioning of “Electric Water Heater”.
Through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Pre-Commissioning Procedure for Electric Water Heater
Ensure that the Heater installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved. Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & pre commissioning.
Repair all minor damages to the equipment paint finish prior to commissioning. Ensure that the heaters are identified location wise and service wise. Note the details of each water heater such as make, model number, and electrical ratings. Check that the Water Supply piping network is complete with proper valves, drains, vents, strainers & instruments in place.
- Ensure that the Water Supply network is hydraulically pressure tested and approved.
- Ensure that electrical power connections and earthing is proper.
- Ensure that the field wiring is pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Ensure that all the relevant valves are in open position.
- Ensure that the drain piping of water heater is complete & connected to the building drainage system as shown on approved shop drawings.
- Check identification and labeling for the water heaters.
Commissioning Procedure for Electric Water Heaters
- Ensure that all the pre-commissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Ensure that the cold water supply & hot water return piping valves are in a freely accessible position.
- Open the cold water supply valve for the water heater & allow water to flow into the water heater.
- The pipe system shall be flushed with clean potable water until no dirty water appears at the points of outlet.
- Open the hot water tap & allow water to flow out of the water heater until a smooth & clear flow without any debris is established without air bubbles or blocks.
- Upon stabilization of flow close the outlet hot water tap & switch ON the water heater using the switched spur outlet provided.
- Take 3 readings of the outlet water temperature in an equal interval of 15 mins & verify it with the temperature on water heater indicator.
- Measure & record the actual voltage & amperage in form.
- Ensure proper operation of thermostat & safety pressure release valve.
- Pre commissioning check sheet for Water Heater
- Commissioning check sheet for Water Heater
- Performance Record for Water Heater
- Risk Assessment