The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of “Argonite System” fire suppression system.
Through the the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Pre-commissioning Procedure for Argonite System
Ensure that the Argonite System installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved. Ensure that the number of cylinders & pressure rating are as per approved material submittal.
- Ensure that all cylinder valves are sealed off.
- Ensure that the fixation brackets are mounted as indicated in the approved shop drawings.
- Ensure that all cylinders have been labelled & have been filled in correctly.
- Ensure that cylinders are securely fastened to solid & stable structure.
- Ensure that the cylinders are in correct position & clamping bars are fastened.
- Ensure that discharge hoses are fixed on cylinder valve & to check-valve on the manifold.
- Ensure that manifold is securely fastened.
- Ensure that the pressure gauge/switch/solenoid valve unit(s) are installed correctly & the pressure indicated on the gauge(s) is in accordance with the MAR. (Note: The hose from solenoid valve should be fitted to the actuator port only after ensuring that there is no leak in the hose).
- Ensure that the actuators – manual & pneumatic are fitted correctly to the cylinder valves.
- Ensure that the actuators are interconnected by hi-flex hoses.
- Ensure that the actuator line is provided with an end cap.
- Ensure that the hose from solenoid release valve(s) has been fitted to the correct port on the pneumatic actuator.
- Ensure that the coil(s) of the solenoid valve(s) has been disconnected.
- Check the position of restrictor (s) and direction of flow.
- Ensure correct orifice dimension of the restrictor.
- Ensure that the room is air tight & the room integrity test is complete in line with the approved procedure.
Commissioning Procedure for Argonite System
Commissioning shall be carried out by simulation & not by actual discharge.
Automatic Detection Test
- Check the first stage alarm
- Check the functioning of horn / strobe.
- Check the second stage alarm
- Check delay time of discharge
- Check the power supply at solenoid valve via 24 VDC lamp
- Reset the panel
Manual Release Station Test
- Check manual release
- Repeat steps given in previous section
- Reset the panel
Supervision of Electrical Circuit
- Check the low pressure switch for proper connection
- Check the high pressure switch for proper connection
- Check the solenoid valve for proper connection.