Below is a step wise method of statement for Testing & Commissioning of Sump Pump Sets.
Precommissioning Procedure for Sump Pumps
- Ensure that the pump installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
- Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & precommissioning.
- Repair all damages to the equipment paint finish.
- Ensure that the pumps are identified location wise and service wise.
- Check for proper cleanliness of the sump pit & the pit is free of any debris.
- Note the details of each motor such as make, model number, frame size, kW rating and RPM.
- Check that the Sump piping network is complete with proper valves & float switch in place.
- Put the float switches in the sump pit as per the predetermined level.
- Ensure that enough space is available for free movement of the float.
- Ensure the pumps bearings are lubricated/greased as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Ensure that electrical power connections and earthing is proper.
- Ensure that the field wiring is pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Check for free rotation of motor shaft by hand.
- Check identification and labeling for equipment.
Commissioning Procedure for Sump Pumps
- Ensure that all the precommissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Fill the sump pit completetly with water & allow the water to settle in the sump pit.
- Start the pump in manual mode one by one.
- Check for any undue vibration/noise.
- Check current, voltage & rpm of the motor & record the values.
- Upon ensuring smooth operation of the sump pump, fill the sump pit with water again & measure the water level using scale.
- Run the pump for 15 seconds, stop the pump & measure the water level.
- The discharge of the pump can be calculated with the time & the amount of water discharged by the pump.
- Fill the pit again, run the pump in auto mode, check that the low level & high level switches are working properly as desired.
- Check whether the pump is changing from duty to stand by on completion of every cycle.
- Check whether the pump is automatically changing to other pump by manually tripping one pump through its overload relay.
- Precommissioning check sheet for Sump Pumps
- Commissioning check sheet for Sump Pumps
- Performance Record for Sump Pumps
- Risk Assesment