The purpose of this method statement is to describe the detailed procedure to be follow for the Commissioning of Elevator (Lift) at the project site. This method statement is prepared also to ensure that concerned persons are familiarized with the sequence of activities, utilization of resources and relevant documents in compliance with HSE and QA/QC procedures & requirements
The following precautionary steps must be taken in the specified order unless there are essential reasons for doing otherwise:
- Disconnect the power supply completely.
- Secure it against re-connection.
- Verify that the installation is de-energized.
- Check requirements for earthing in special circumstances. (This operation may only be carried out by qualified personnel in co-operation with the person responsible for the building electrification who must ensure that the technique can be safely employed in this situation.)
- Provide protection against adjacent live parts.
Prerequisites for initial Lifts Commissioning:
- Ensure the working place is cleared from unnecessary object and lockable.
- Ensure the alignment of the machinery and connection of all machinery wires.
- Ensure the fixing of the SEP panel, Drive panel and connection of wires from machinery.
- Ensure the connection power supply and earthing in the main switch and in the Maintenance access panel.
- Check the connection and tightening of all the wires in the terminals.
- Check the insulation resistance value for the motor wires and brake wires. Note down the values in the Test Report.
- Check the ohmic value of thermistors and any short circuit between controller wires to earth.
- Ensure the brake is adjusted.
- Ensure the Fuse ratings are correct in the mains isolator and in the control panel.
- Remove all the Transportation protective covers if any.
- Tripping speed reducing weights are removed from the Overspeed Governor.
- The positioning magnets are installed accurately as per the Shaft wiring Diagram.
- Check that Load weighing cable is connected as per wiring diagram.
- Car and counterweight is balanced.
Initial Commissioning of Lifts:
- Ensure the earth of the main supply is connected to the main earth of the Building.
- The earth continuity is ensured between:
- The maintenance access panel and Shaft Electrification panel.
- The maintenance access panel and car top cross connection box.
- The maintenance access panel and topmost landing Door.
- Turn the Elevator to RDF Mode (Switch 270 on maintenance access panel)
- Turn the Inspection Drive mode on the car Roof to Normal.
- Turn the POWER ON from the main switch (220) in the Maintenance access panel.
- Check the Fuse LED’s turn on (LCEREC Board)
- Set the parameters as per the motor type, load, speed, Roping by referring the Parameter table of V3F16L Drive. (784393) using the interface from MAP panel.
- Save the parameters to permanent memory.
- Switch the Power Off and ON to reset the control system.
- Check the safety circuit by pushing run button in RDF unit (270:RB) and check the Safety input LED is lit in the user interface board on the MAP panel.
- Check the safety chain operation with RDF unit and activate each switch and see that safety input LED does not light.
- Adjust the Load weighing device temporarily by adjusting the Offset potentiometer in the user interface so that the load indication shows 50%.
- Ensure no one is there in car roof when you drive the Lift for the first time.
- Check the tacho polarity and motor Direction with RDF unit by pushing Run and down button.
- Check the operation of the speed and direction LED’s are correct and the Lift cabin is running down only.
- Check the same operation from car roof from the car inspection drive unit buttons.
- Check the safeties, landing and car door contacts are operating by activating one by one from car roof.
- See that no sounds are heard while running the lift from car roof and all running clearance is O.K.
- Turn the POWER OFF after the successful operation.
Prerequisites for commissioning for normal drive and Fine tuning
- Ensure the initial commissioning is successfully done.
- Ensure the operation of the safety gear.
- Ensure buffers are positioned correctly.
- Ensure the installation of car with final decoration, and 50%balanced with the counterweight.
- Remove all unnecessary objects from the pit.
- Ensure all the Doors are aligned and adjusted.
- Ensure the pit is clean and dry.
- Ensure the cleaning of guide rails.
- Ensure the alignment of all shaft switches and Magnets.
- Ensure the counterweight screen is installed.
- Ensure pit ladder is fixed.
Normal speed test and fine tuning:
- Adjust the load weighing device.
- Drive the car just below the bottom floor with LED 61:U, 30, 77:N, and (77:S) must be lit on the board.
- Turn the Emergency drive unit to Normal mode (Car Roof Inspection Drive unit and RDF Unit in MAP Panel to OFF)
- Start the set up drive using user interface menu.
- After successful setup user interface displays – — –, lines for few seconds and Floor number on Display.
- Drive the car in nominal speed and verify the operation is smooth and stops for the desired floor.
- Check the levelling accuracy and if necessary adjust the switches / Magnets
- Do the set up again if the switches / magnets are adjusted.
- Run the elevator in normal mode for 30 minutes with various load conditions and see for any variations.
- Check for levelling accuracy and note down the readings.
- Check the car and landing indications and the call registration.
- Check the Door operations are smooth and adjust if necessary.
- Check the Door safeties are working and functioning of Door open button.
- Check the car lighting and operation of cabin fan.
- Check the overload function and the buzzer and light indication comes ON.
- Check for the Group Operation.
- Take the current readings and note down the readings.
- Do the safety test as per test report.
- Check for Fire operation.
- Check for the Emergency Battery Drive operation (EBD) during power failure.
- Check the operation of EBD (M) for balanced Load operation during Power failure.
- Prepare the test report as per the format enclosed
Interfacing of the Lifts
Fire Alarm: All the building fire cables are connected with lift controller and in the event of Fire elevator will come automatically in the main landing and opening the door for passengers Evacuation. If the Elevator in fire mode , will work only with key and this operation can done by a trained fire fighter.
Building Management system: (BMS) is a computer-based control system installed in buildings that controls and monitors the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment such as ventilation, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems.
Now a day’s lift operation also monitored in the control room. In our controller we can connect, three different status monitored in the control room.
- Lift main power failure status
- Healthy status – Normal
- Alarm status.
Normally the seismic sensor switch are installed in the Elevator pit side.This is an earth quake safety equipment, this protect the passengers while traveling under earth quake. Seismic Switch units can disable or deactivate any elevators which may become life endangering or self destructive during an earthquake. Our proven units are designed to reliably respond to only earthquake motions and to reject interference or false triggering from man made and non-earthquake motions Elevator cars are moved to nearest floors when an earthquake is detected by seismic sensors.