The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre-commissioning & commissioning of Leak Detection System through the guidelines contained herein.
Ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Tools & Equipment Required:
- Portable Hand tools
- Step Ladder
- Insulation Resistance Tester
- Continuity tester
Pre-Commissioning Procedure for Leak Detection System
- Ensure that the Leak Detection system installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
- Ensure that no damage has occured between mechanical completion & precommissioning.
- Check for proper installation of leak detection panel & the wiring termination to the leak detection panel.
- Check the leak detection cable is properly installed & there are no open ends.
- Make sure the surface that the cable is laid is completely clean, dry & free from dirt, oil or any conductive material likely to come in contact with the sensing cable.
- Make sure that the accurate room map which shows the location of cable as well as key points which are potential sources of leaks is readily available.
- Check the avilability of power to the leak detection panel.
- Repair / replace damaged components, if any.
Commissioning Procedure for Leak Detection System
- Ensure that all the pre commissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Set the DIP switches SW2-1 to SW2-4 for address-1 (all off)
- Set the DIP switch SW2-5 for 9600 baud.
- Set the DIP switch SW2-6 for desired display units either feet or meters.
- Set the DIP switch SW2-7 for latching or non-latching leak readings.
- Set the DIP switch SW2-8 for non-map mode (twenty seconds delay for leak alarms)
- Set the DIP switch SW3-1 to SW3-3 for the 4-20 mA range.
- Set the DIP switch SW3-4 for the leak detect alarm relay to be supervised or non-supervised.
- Set the DIP switch SW3-5 for the cable fault alarm relay to be supervised or non-supervised.
- Set the DIP switch SW3-6 for the alarm relays to be reset from the display silence switch.
- Set pot RA1 (sensitivity) for desired trip point.
- Turn ON the power to the unit & observe the following: (a) LED DS9 (power) is ON. (b) LED DS8 (active) is flashing at 0.5 second rate. (c) LEDs DS6 & DS7 are flashing at 0.5 second rate. (d) The NORMAL LED is green.
- Press the silence key to view the leakage current on the cable. A clean cable will indicate zero.
- Press the switch again to view the measured cable length.
- Test the cable for leak detection using a moist cloth on the cable at several points.
- Check the leak detected LED glows & the signal is conveyed to the BMS.
- Check the Leak detected LED switches OFF when the signal is acknowledged in the panel.
- Pre Commissioning check sheet for Leak Detection System
- Commissioning check sheet for Leak Detection System
- Risk Assessment