The purpose of this procedure or safe work method of statement is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of “Building Management System“.
Through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Below is the list of required Tools before starting the works:
- Clip on ammeter
- Portable operator’s terminal
- Lap top PC
- Electronic Temperature/ Humidity meter
- Sling pychrometer
Note : All measuring instruments shall be calibrated with valid certifices.
Precommissioning Procedure for Building Management System
- Ensure that the installation of the BMS componets are complete & mechanical completion is approved & all comments on the mechanical & electrical installation inspections are incorporated.
- Ensure that no damage has occured between mechanical completion & precommissioning.
- Replace damaged components, if any.
- Ensure the installation of BMS components are in line with the approved shop drawings & manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure that all the relevant system have been precommissioned & commissioned as standalone systems.
- Switch OFF all parts of the system which are commissioned.
- Check all peripheral device are mounted & connected. All mechanical installation shall be visually checked for correct application / location.
- Check all the wires & cables are correctly connected inside the control panels / DDC controllers & to the peripheral devices.
- Check the control panel input terminals for interference voltages. Interference voltages are checked with an AC range voltmeter, by measuring the voltage at each input terminal in the control panel with respect to earth.
- All control cables will be point to point tested by means of a multimeter.
- Fan Coil Units: Ensure all FCU controllers (RXC 21.1) are installed & connected via communication bus.
- Sensors, DP switches & control valves: Ensure that the installation of all the sensors, DP switches, valves, are completed mechanically & electrically.
Commissioning of Building Management System
- Application software shall be loaded into all controllers as required. Individual systems will be tested & commissioned adjusting control loops (temp control, speed control, etc.,) & programming
set points & time channels.
- Individual systems will be commissioned adjusting the control loops & programming any local time programes, etc.,
- Motorised valves & dampers will be stroked through 0-100%.
- Temperature & relative humidity sensors will be proved by raising & lowering set points & comparing values read on the operator terminal with a suitable calibrated measuring device.
- DP switches will be proven by opening & closing the switch and monitoring its position on the operating terminal. DP switches are used to measure the the differenctial pressure across fans & fiters.
- The method of proving vendor equipment (like FCUs,AHUs,FANs,etc.,) where a volt free contact is supplied will be by opening & closing the contacts & monitoring in operator terminal.
- Incase of any anomalies the program will be optimised.
Fan Coil Units
Each FCU will be addressed & have parameters loaded into the controllers using RXT 10.1 software from single point. There after valves will be operated from a single location to prove addressing and at the same time temperature checks shall be carried out in rooms with a suitable calibrated temperature device.
Ensure that the air balancing is completed. The VAVs shall be dealt with in the same way as FCUs.
- The Control Sequence based on temperature will be checked with the help of temperature simulator.
- Correctness of the temperature reading will be cross checked with the help of a calibrated temperature probe.
Air Flow Switch
- Simulation of air flow established by the fan will be achieved by creating differential pressure across the probes of the switch.
- Simulation of air flow fail condition will be checked by reducing differential pressure across the probes of the switch to zero & subsequent control & interlock functions will be checked.
Dirty Filter Switch
Simulation of filter dirty condition will be achieved by creating differential pressure across the probes of the switch. This can be achieved by covering the flow switch inlets by a polythene sheet or card board. Actual pressure setting shall be done based on the recommendation of the equipment manufacturer.
- Control sequence based on humidity will be checked with the help of humidity simulation.
- Correctness of humidity reading will be cross checked with the help of a calibrated humidity probe.
- Operation of the valve based on the temperature / humidity will be checked with the help of temperature / humidity simulation. Note: Only in entrance lobbies & the prayer halls both temperature & humidity are controlled, in all the other locations only temperature is controlled.
- The desired opening of the valve will be achieved by the manual override command from the portable operator terminal.
Motorised damper actuators
- Operation of damper will be checked with the help of the portable operator terminal.
- The desired opening of the damper will be achieved from the portable operator terminal. The voltage to the damper actuator shall be varied from 0 to 10 VDC & the required opening of the damper shall be acieved.
- Limit switches where installed shall be checked for suitable operation.
Start / Stop command
Testing of start/stop command will be carried out with the help of portable operator terminal. Pre-programmed time channels shall start / stop the equipment at desired times. Override command can be given through operator terminal & switching ON/OFF of the equipment can be monitored physically as well as through operator terminal.
Interface with major equipment
The interface with the following equipment shall be checked:
- Chillers Lighting Control System
- Domestic water pumps Central Battery System
- Close control Units Card Access & CCTV system
- Extract fans LV panels
- Fire alarm system Generators
- Fire Fighting System Staircase pressurisation fans
- Lifts BMUs, UPS
- All other equipment as per project specification & approved drawings.
- All the above mentioned equipment are interfaced through hard wiring using volt free contacts. Status & fault alarms shall be simulated by changing the status of volt free contacton the respective equipment / panel as applicable.
Verification of Inputs & Outputs
Digital input / alarm
- These will be proven by opening & closing the volt free contacts / simulation and monitoring on the operating terminal.
- Once proven this operation will be repeated by running the equipment.
Testing of start/stop commands will be carried out with the help of the portable operator terminal. Operation of the relevant starters will be observed.
Testing analog input (0-10V) will be carried out with the help of the portable operator terminal. The accuracy of analog signal read bythe controller will be cross checked with the help of multimeter & operator terminal.
Testing analog output (0-10V to VFDs) will be carried out with the help of portable operator terminal. The accuracy of analog signal given by controller will be cross checked with the help of multimeter and operator terminal. The respective change in the valve position/ VFD speed, etc., speed shall be observed physically.
The control parameters set point shall be tuned & the same shall be verified & recorded. The Desigo insight & the graphic software shall be commissioned & the display values shall be recorded. The central work station shall be configured & necessary graphics/ alarms/ reporting softwares shall be installed. Site specific plant graphics shall be developed & all dynamic measurand shall be displaced. The graphic display shall be compared with the operator terminal display values & recorded.