Below is given major sections of a safe work method of statement for Testing & Commissioning of DX Split Units. This is a normal procedure for doing testing activity. All method statement can be called safe work method statements once we attach a comprehensive risk assessment that covers all tools and equipment procedure of handling.
If you are using this method statement for safe working method of statement purpose we suggest to download complete package from our safe work method statement download page and you can submit the same for client approvals.
Equipment / Tools Required:
Following tools shall be arranged before starting the job.
- Tool Box.
- Measuring Tape.
- Hack Saw Blade
- Spirit Level
- Electric Drill Machine
- Step Ladders
- Threading Machine
- Solvent Cement
- Refrigeration gauge manifold
- Torque Wrench
- Pipe Cutting Machine
- Grinding Machine
- Pressure Gauge
- Water Level Marker
- Mobile Scaffolds
- Staging Platforms
- Thermometer (Digital / Analogue)
- Refrigerant recovery unit
- Electronic Leak Detectors
- Refrigerant Containers
PROCEDURE FOR TESTING & COMMISSIONING
- All the materials received at site shall be as per the approved technical material submittal for DX Split Units to be inspected upon receipt & approved by the engineer prior in proceeding with the installation through MIR. Any discrepancies, damages etc., should be reported to the supplier for rectification or replacement & to be removed from site immediately.
- All construction preliminary inspection/testing works shall be carried out in accordance with the specifications & to be done by qualified Mechanical Engineers and shall be checked and approved by MEP Subcontractor Construction Manager along with QA/QC Engineer.
- All installation activities has been approved by the company.
Material Transport/ Delivery
- DX Split Units are normally shipped & despatch for goods condition and carefully loaded in containers with crating / boxing. Hence, in case of transit damage, supplier must be informed immediately.
- Special care must be taken to ensure that units are offloaded from containers. Rough handling can result in damage to the unit.
- Use appropriate type of vehicles in transporting the units and that they are protected against mechanical & weather damage.
- All the received units shall be checked & inspected to ensure that it is complying with the approved material submittals prior to site storage.
Storage on Site Store
- To ensure that deterioration of the DX Split Units does not occur during storage, it is recommended to store the equipment in sheltered conditions that are protected from weather elements and accidental damage.
- DX Split Units shall be protected with plastic/ tarpaulin or shall not be removed from the shipping package unless otherwise instructed to do so.
- Avoid any mechanical shocks and strokes during handling operations.
- All packages for the equipment reaching the site shall be identified as per package list.
Sequence of Testing & Commissioning for the DX Split Units
- All site safety rules & regulations shall be complied with.
- Supervisors will deliver tool box talks, relevant to these activities to all operatives involved in the testing & commissioning and shall be recorded.
- All operatives will be equipped with minimum personnel protective equipment; hard hat, coveralls, safety boots, safety glasses.
- The persons using cleaning fluid, solvent cement & any other forms of chemicals have to wear hand gloves.
- Ensure only qualified personnel shall install, test & commissioned the equipment.
- During testing & commissioning, display warning sign boards to be provided and barricade the area whenever necessary.
- Only competent, experienced & trained personnel shall perform all the required activities stated in this method statement.
- Ensure that all operatives fully understand the method of these activities.
Preliminary Checks / Pre Commissioning
Before commencement of Testing & Commissioning activity, the supervisor/ engineer must ensure that:
- All Installations & Pressure Testing of Pipe/ Duct works have been completed & approved by the company.
- Determine whether the units are to be tested & commissioned first, either outdoor or indoor.
- Relevant documents or calibration certificates for the Testing tools & equipment shall be presented at the time of testing & commissioning if required by the Company.
- Permission to start or Civil Clearances prior to testing & commissioning has been given by the main contractor.
- All relevant Approved Shop drawings for the installation of the equipment shall be available & approved by the company.
- Testing & Commissioning activities shall only commence when all associated works by the Civil has been completed.
- Safe access shall be provided by the Main Contractor thru Work Permit in coordination with the Safety in charge at site.
- Ensure that all visual checks and preliminary checks, including electrical connections have been verified prior to start-up of the DX Split Units.
General Testing & Commissioning Procedure for DX Split Units
- Static pressure test, dynamic rotation tests & weld/ pipe joints inspections shall be carried out where applicable or required by the company.
- Pressure & leak tests of refrigerating piping systems are normally carried out on completion of the system prior to pipework has been insulated. Preliminary pressure & leak test records must be available whenever required.
- System evacuation, dehydration and charging with refrigerant shall be carried out by skilled & experienced personnel only.
- Check that the indoor and outdoor units are installed according to manufacturer’s recommendation, specifications & as per approved shop drawing.
- Check for the maximum pipe runs through the units.
- Check that the safety devices and necessary operational control are provided as per requirements of the specifications.
- Check that pipe works of correct pipe sizes are installed & insulated completely & correctly.
- Check for the electrical connections if properly wired up. Verify if all the connection nuts are tightened.
- Verify that the system is properly evacuated and leak tested. Check records for the preliminary testing.
- Open all isolating valves where appropriate.
- Trial run the units after water drainage test.
- Measuring & record the following:
- Starting & running current
- High & low pressure cut-off
- Compressor suction and discharge pressure
- Evaporator entering and leaving coil temperature.
- Condenser entering and leaving coil temperature
- Air flow rate.
- Test the control system according to design where applicable.
- Check split unit Vibration Rate.
- Inspection & Test PlanTesting & Commissioning Check Sheet
- Commissioning Completion Certificate Form
- Handing Over Certificate Erection Form
- Punch List Form
- Risk Assessment
- DX Split Units Technical Details