The purpose of this procedure is to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the precommissioning & commissioning of Staircase Pressurisation System through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Precommissioning Procedure for Staircase Pressurisation System
Ensure that the pressurization fan installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved.
Ensure that vibration isolators are complete with proper alignment of fan. Ensure that no damage has occurred between mechanical completion & precommissioning. Ensure that orientation of the fans are as per approved shop drawings & requirement. Repair all damages to the equipment finish paint.
- Check the connection of fan inlet & outlet are done with proper alignment.
- Check the fan is installed as per the approved shop drawings and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check for free rotation of fan propeller.
- Check the fire rated ductwork is properly installed & insulated in line with the approved drawings & specifications.
- Check all motorized dampers are installed & connected with power supply & controls properly.
- Check for proper electrical power, control panel and earthing connections as per manufacturer’s recommendations. Field wiring to be pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Check the interface of the pressurization fan with the fire alarm system & BMS.
- Check for proper installation of pressure sensor in the shaft.
- Check for proper setting of the overload relay.
- Check the identification & labeling of the fan & ductwork.
Commissioning Procedure for Staircase Pressurisation System
- Ensure that all the precommissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Start the fan to check for correct direction of rotation of fan/motor.
- Run the fan for 5 minutes.
- Check for any undue vibration or noise.
- Start the fan by inducing a fire signal from the Fire alarm control panel.
- Check all the fire dampers in shaft in all the floors close completely and the shaft is totally isolated.
- Measure the air flow & inlet static & the static pressure in the shaft & record the values.
- Check whether the fan speed is properly controlled by the VFD vide the signal from the pressure sensor in the shaft.
- Clear the fire signal & check the fan stops & all the motorized dampers in the shaft are opened.
- Record all readings in the final performance check list
- Precommissioning of Staircase Pressurisation System
- Commissioning of Staircase Pressurisation System
- Performance Test Record for Staircase pressurisation system
- Risk Assesment