Below is procedure for the installation of sump pump.
- Prior to start of installation it shall be ensured that the shop drawings including coordination drawings of the respective area are approved.
- It shall be ensured that the area is released by civil contractor to proceed with MEP installations.
- It shall be ensured that the Sump Pumps are as per the approved material submittal and have been inspected & approved.
INSTALLATION OF SUMP PUMPS
- The location of the pumps shall be marked as per approved shop drawings in the sump pit.
- The pumps shall then be placed in the marked location without any fixing arrangement as the pumps are of free standing type.
- It shall be ensured that the pump base is uniformly resting on the sump pit base in the marked location.
INSTALLATION OF DRAINAGE PIPING
- The discharge pipes from sump pump discharge to the manhole shall be UPVC Class-E-3505.
- The pipe connection to pumps shall be flanged & the pipe joints shall be made using solvent cement.
- The routing of the drainage pipes shall g g p p l be as per approved shop drawings.
- The installation of the pipes shall be as per approved method statement.
INSTALLATION OF CONTROL PANEL
- The sump pump control panel shall be installed in location as shown in approved shop drawings.
- The location of the panel shall be marked on the wall as per approved shop drawings.
- Two unitstrut GI channels of size 40X40mm shall be fixed parallelly on the wall using approved anchors & fasteners
- The Control panel shall be fixed on the channels & shall be secured using approved GI bolts.
- Electrical cabling & wiring to the unit shall be carried out as per approved method statement and as per the recommendation of the unit manufacturer.