The purpose of generating this Method Statement is to define the procedure step by step to implement the correct practices of Installation of Chilled Water Pumps through the guide line
contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
Following tools and machines shall be arranged:
- Fork Lift or Crane with capacity & arrangement in line with the Manufacturer’s ,
recommendations, pallet mover and as required at site.
- Portable hand tools.
- Portable Drilling Machine/ Grinding Machine & Angle Cutter.
- Spirit Level / Level Threads
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR CHILLED WATER PUMPS
The following procedure shall be followed for the installation of Chilled Water Pumps:
- Visually inspect the exterior casing of the Chilled Water Pumps for any damages during
transporting and transferring of the units.
- Ensure that the installation of the Chilled Water Pump is carried out in accordance with
manufacturer’s installation recommendations and specification.
- Prior to start of installation, refer to the approved shop drawing related to the area of installation and ensure that required material is available at site as per approved material
- Ensure that the equipment and accessories are stored properly and there is no damage or
deformity of any kind during transportation of material from site store to the working area.
7.10 After inspecting the work area, ensure that it is totally ready for installation. Then the
required equipment shall be moved to the place of installation.
- Check the equipment weight to ensure that the rigging equipment can handle that safely.
- Before installing the Chilled Water Pump check whether proper space is available for servicing or not. If there are any services installed previously in the same area shall be shifted to the side of the Chilled Water Pump for easy future maintenance.
- The foundation ( inertia base ) of the Pumps shall be checked for dimensions, location,
orientation and the level.
- Inertia base Foundation for Chilled water pump shall be mounted on the springs
which rests on floor foundation.
- First the location of the vibration isolators shall be marked on the ground base.
- The vibration spring isolators shall be fixed on the marked locations for all equipment.
- The above fabricated inertia base shall the be placed on the isolator springs after making sure that the inertia base has been properly seated on springs.
- Chilled water pumps shall be installed on the positioned inertia bases as shown on the approved shop drawings and level be made by using the spirit level.
- After leveling the pump, the base bolts of the pump will be tightened.
- Proper space for valves and piping for future maintenance shall be ensured before installing the pumps.
- It shall be ensured that the pumps & motors are properly installed with no pipe strain transmitted the pump casing.
- After completion of installing the pumps the same shall be made ready for inspection.
- Installation of chilled water piping, valves and insulation of piping shall be done as per approved method statement and as per approved shop drawings.
- Electrical power and control wiring and earthing shall be carried out as detailed in respective approved electrical shop drawings and as per the recommendations of manufacturer.