This method of statement is prepared in order to define the step by step method to implement the correct practices for the pre commissioning & commissioning of FCU’s Fan Coil Units through the guidelines contained herein so as to ensure that the job execution complies with the project requirements and serves the intended function to satisfactory level.
REQUIRED TOOLS / EQUIPMENTS
- Portable Hand tools
- Measuring instruments (with valid calibration certificates)
Pre-Commissioning Procedure for Fan Coil Units
Ensure that the FCU installation is complete and mechanical completion is approved. Ensure that no damage occurs between mechanical completion & pre-commissioning. Repair all damages to the equipment finish paint.
Check FCU is installed as per the approved shop drawings and manufacturer’s instructions. Check duct connections and grilles as per approved shop drawing and respective method statement & are cleaned internally & externally.
- Check all chilled water piping, connected to FCU is with proper valve package, drain, air vents, instruments, etc as per the approved shop drawing & also cleaning of coil done properly.
- Check all VCDs,BDs and fire dampers are open.
- Check filters are clean and fixed properly.
- Check for proper electrical power, control and earthing connections as per manufacturer’s recommendations. Field wiring to be pre-tested for continuity and insulation resistance.
- Set earth leakage and overload relays as per motor nameplate rating.
- Check for proper installation of condensate drain piping.
- Check vibration isolators are fixed
- Check that the fire dampers are accessible.
- Check that the drain tray & the piping are of sufficient slope.
- Check the access availability around the fan coil unit for maintenance in future.
Commissioning Procedure for Fan Coil Units
- Ensure that all the precommissioning checks are carried out successfully.
- Set the fan to medium speed mode & Start FCU and run for 5 minutes.
- Measure air flow in the main supply air duct and adjust, if required to set design value.
- Similarly measure air flow in all the branches / outlets. Set to correct value by adjusting splitter damper, volume control damper, etc in the ducts.
- Check all fan speeds are operating properly (low/medium/high)
- Check any control / safety devices for proper functionality.
- Check for any undue vibrations / noise.
- Measure the Inlet & outlet water temperature & record it.
- Record all readings in the final performance check list.
- Check that the BMS & fire alarm interface is done.
- The enclosed manufacturer’s recommendations shall be fully followed.
- The cooling performance shall be calculated & established using the following formula: Capacity (KW) = Flow (lps) X (Outlet CHW temp (oC)- Inlet CHW temp(oC)/0.239.
- The motorized valve shall be checked for proper operation based on the signal from the thermostat.
- Check the condensate drains freely & the slope of the condensate drain pipes is from 1 to 3% & the drain trap is serviceable.
- Pre-commissioning check sheet for Fan Coil Units
- Commissioning check sheet for Fan Coil Units
- Performance Test Record for Fan Coil Units
- Risk Assesment